Thursday 31 March 2011

The official blog car.

Greetings All,

TV broadcasts for differing racing series often have a generic car they use for demonstrating different things - and yes they have all sort of fancy 3D modelling at their disposal and teams of individuals to sculpt the polys and pixels to make a accurate representation. They also have all sort of fancy 3D animations to show off things like DRS and KERs for this year.

I have a grand total of none of these things - so don't be expecting all manner of special graphics and visualisations, however there should be some upgrades to the blog in preparation for Malaysia in little under two weeks now - depending one whether I can get certain things to work and edited into position.

But the first phase of these upgrades has been completed and tested over the past two days and my be altered during the season should I get bored of the livery - because at this stage it is very rudimentary and plain. That has a lot to do with my very minimal graphic artistry skills which does rather limit what I can do in design terms, and the base model - which may change during the year for something a little less generic.

I have held you - the readers though the plural may be pushing it a bit - for long enough and now here is the current official Blogmobile in the obvious livery given my design tendencies...


The car is not of my build - I just painted it, the model is the FormulaIS from the racing game rFactor and is designed as a general top level single seater race car.

The livery design would not have come of a surprise to those people familiar with my eclectic design normals and is adorned in the default Team Jenkins livery - a fictional racing organisational that has featured in anything that required me to think up a team name. The team has been used in everything from school woodwork projects - which was an articulated truck containing a stock car...which went suspiciously missing and still makes me mad, to a name for a Worms team (because there is never a time in life when holy hand-grenades are not entertaining).

These shots were taken on a virtual version of the Sepang circuit which the field will be approaching soon, so people of the internet as the countdown to Malaysia continues this corner of the internet shall not go into hibernation till then (unless I forget or get too busy with lines) as more things shall appear they may not be exciting but they'll be here nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment